We want you to love every moment of your MYSTIC UNICORN crystal candles, however the use of candles requires caution and awareness of the associated risks, so please ensure you always follow these safety precautions.
- Burn within sight.
- Keep away from things that catch fire.
- Keep away from children.
Candle Safety Instructions
1. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
2. Never use water to extinguish a candle; this is extremely dangerous as it can cause excess heat and steam, which may cause the container/glass to explode.
3. Ensure wicks are upright and trimmed to 7mm (1/4 inch) during use and each time candle is relit.
4. Never move a burning candle. Ensure candle is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cold before handling.
5. Candle tins may become hot. Burn candle on an appropriate flat heat-resistant surface.
6. Avoid using in drafty areas, near an open window, air duct or fan.
7. Keep away from children, pets and flammable materials.
8. Do not use lid to extinguish candle.
9. Don't burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains or ½ inch if in a container.
Candle Care Guide - How to get the best performance out of your MYSTIC UNICORN Crystal Candle.
1. Prevent soot from forming on the glass by keeping wicks properly placed and trimmed.
2. Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass.
3. Do not use if glass is cracked, chipped or broken.
4. If candle has multiple wicks, they must all be lit every time the candle is used.
5. Never introduce liquids or foreign objects into candle and keep it free of wick trimmings, matches and any flammable materials.
6. If the glass becomes blackened while burning, extinguish candle, allow to cool and clean with a dry paper towel.
7. When not in use, keep candle covered to avoid dust build-up.
8. Use a candle snuffer to properly extinguish a candle flame. If not available, blow gently and steadily on the flame until it is extinguished.
9. Container candle burn times will vary. Fragrance, colour, burning habits and environmental conditions affect the time a candle will last.
Candles are sensitive to temperature and light. Avoid candles from fading, cracking and melting by storing your candles in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight, dust and fluorescent light. Store your candles in an upright position and don’t leave your candles in your car on a warm day.
Regularly trim your wicks. We use 100% cotton, lead free wicks. Sometimes you will notice a ‘mushrooming’ of the wick. To provide the cleanest burn possible, we recommend you remove the black ‘mushroom’ before burning and periodically during the burning. Failure to do this may lead to a “Wax Pool Fire” (in Containers and sometimes Votives) where the entire candle may appear to ignite. This is caused when a hot piece of untrimmed wick drops into the melted wax pool and ignites it.
Preventing the “mushroom” effect by regularly trimming the wick and not burning any candle for longer than the maximum recommended burn time will prevent this from occurring.
In the event of a Wax Pool Fire, do not throw water onto it as this will cause the candle to “explode” due to the water suddenly turning to steam on contact with the hot wax. The candle should not be moved or touched while the wax is on fire. Either blow it out, cover with a fire blanket or use a fire extinguisher.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org